Saturday, January 7, 2017

The Man Who Found Birds among the Stars - Now Published!



THE MAN WHO
FOUND BIRDS
AMONG THE STARS

PART ONE
EAGLE ASCENDANT

Special price:
  only 99 cents
until the Launch
Party 

Launch Party to be held on Saturday,
January 14, 2017, on Facebook
You may win a FREE Copy!

You'll love this book
if you like biography and you like space heroes who have flaws, and
if you're interested in my version of the future history of Earth.

Buy at
Amazon (US) (note pbk and Kindle haven't been linked yet)

       Like all my other books, I began this one years ago; I found older versions of the MS that were created in 2005, and I continued writing no matter how long it became.  After I began to self-publish my books, this one remained on the back burner because its length had gotten out of hand and it still wasn't finished.  I put up some samples on this blog and one person who read them was ecstatic about the piece.  I proceeded to send him the MS and he read the whole darn thing and urged me to publish it.  So -- I'm making a beginning on that, even though the entire opus still isn't finished.
       A lot of you have been reading lines from Part One on the Twitter hashtag author games lately, and others have seen excerpts on certain Facebook events like Tidbit Tuesday.  I hope this has whetted your desire to read the entire book.
       Also, some of you have read an extract from a later part of Man Who Found Birds, which I published as Fathers and Demons.  The current offering gives you the earliest history of the Captain who appears in that book.
       Here is the description that you'll find on Amazon and Smashwords (an expansion of the blurb on the back cover above):

Robbin Haysus Nikalishin was born on 31 October of the year 2729 and ultimately became the first starship Captain to make contact with extraterrestrials.  This fictionalized biography, composed 50 years after Nikalishin’s death, recounts the first 31 years of the life of a man who is hailed as one of Earth’s greatest heroes. During this portion of his life he enjoyed many triumphs, joys, and loves, but he was not immune to failure and tragedy.  In 2761 a major space disaster completely changes the course of his life.  Whether it will be for better or worse is left for the reader to decide.
All heroes are human beings and all human beings are flawed, and the man the Earth came to know as “Capt. Robbie” was a very human man.  


2 comments:

  1. Hi Lorinda, I've used your post to make a New Book Release Promo, scheduled to go live on my blog TODAY at 6PM London, UK time.
    PS - I have already bought it from Kindle and Smashwords :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, Chris! I was going to get in touch with you again today on this very subject! I figured the Kindle UK purchase was you, and I've sold 2 on Smashwords! Hardly anybody buys on that one! See you on the Event on Saturday! And enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete